Thursday, November 5, 2009

ComicCon Costumes, Part 2


This is my friend Justin (who works at Galaxy Comics, my comic shop of choice), who always has great Hallowe'en costumes. This year he went to the Con as Max from Where The Wild Things Are. I saw at least one other Max at the Con as well.



Rolling right along with people I actually know, Mike is a regular at Galaxy Comics, and he was dressed for the Con as Dan, from Street Fighter. You can't see it in the picture, but Mike also has the ponytail going on just like the picture of Dan I've provided.



This guy had a great Dr. Octopus costume (from Spider-Man 2). The arms looked really great, and it was pretty easy to find him in the room!




These Deadpool costumes are awesome on multiple levels not necessarily evident to the non-Comics reader. Disregarding the fact the taller Deadpool is actually a girl, her costume looked absolutely amazing. You might think the pink scarf on her head doesn't make sense, but considering the character of Deadpool is...unique, to say the least, it would actually be perfectly in character for Deadpool to wear something like that on his head. The kid Deadpool is equally impressive in that the jacket he's wearing works so well as a costume, and since Deadpool can often look different, he is just as authentic as the other costume. The other thing that makes this pair awesome is that a "Kid Deadpool" will be appearing in the comics soon!



On the left we have Rogue and Gambit from the X-Men, and on the right we have a female interpretation of Vegeta, from Dragonball Z. Really I didn't think the Gambit costume was that great, it was the Rogue costume I noticed first as being a good job. The Vegeta costume looked good too. And yes, for those of you who noticed Silent Bob behind them, I know he's there, but without a Jay (not me, the character) to compliment him he could just pass as another Con attendee.



And finally for this installment we have Nightcrawler, from the X-Men. Loses points for the shoes, but gains point for how much that all of that body paint and the tail. I think he looked better in person as the blue face paint isn't showing very well in the picture.

I'll have one more post of ComicCon costumes and that will wrap up my ComicCon reporting!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!
    i love the blue guy!!
    AWESOME (again)

    ReplyDelete