Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Answers to True or False

I'm assuming Sarah would get all of these right, so I won't wait for her to answer the questions. I will post the false statement and a little blurb about each category.

#1 - I am not a certified basketball official. I have actually refereed basketball once, and I hated every minute of it. The girls team at the school was stuck and begged me to referee; I know enough of the rules of basketball to play a pick-up game, and can follow a game on television, but in no way am I qualified to referee a game. I still remember the other coach screaming at me for a timeout (I thought it had to be called at a stoppage in play).

#2 - I curl on a mixed curling team. No big secret that I curl in a ladies league and a men's league; I curled in a mixed bonspiel last year, but not in a league. With Sarah curling this year we might have to put together a family team of myself, Sarah, her dad, and, well, somebody (my brother curls, or used to, but he lives in Alberta now).

#3 - I have hosted a "The Matrix" marathon - Back when I lived in Winnipeg I hosted a Lord of the Rings (Extended edition) marathon. It took about 11 hours to do, including a break, and was a ton of fun. I had friends living in the same apartment building as me so we hauled their couch up to my apartment for more seating and we had about 10-12 people watching the movie. Everyone brought food, and good food too. And this past fall Sarah and I did a Harry Potter marathon with her brother and his wife; the food was good, we had way more seating room, but just the four of us. :)

#4 - I was once t-boned on a gravel road. I wrote off a car when I was rear ended on #8 highway, and in Winnipeg an on-coming car had encroached too far into my lane while waiting to turn across the intersection and I ran into him. I wasn't at fault in either accident, the other guy caused it both times.

#5 - I had a short story published in an anthology collection. I actually used to be a student reporter for the Interlake Spectator when I was in high school. I didn't get paid, but I got experience in journalism. One time the paper called and asked me to cover an event in town because the regular guy was busy, and they were going to pay me! I called in to work to see if I was scheduled and the guy I talked to said I was. Turned out there was a Jason scheduled to work, not me, so I could have done the story! And I used to maintain my own website with stories I wrote; I'd like to get back into writing (I have some ideas kicking around in my head for either a series of short stories or maybe a short novel) but I'd have to find the time. Good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment