Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Making Progress

I hit a milestone in my weight-loss journey today; I tried on my high school volleyball jersey and it fits again! It's not as loose as it was, but just the fact I can wear it again makes me pretty happy (I'm actually wearing it right now!).

Sarah has really helped me re-focus on losing weight, using a website called www.sparkpeople.com. There is a calorie counter that really helps with your own awareness of how many calories you take in. It also has a fitness tracker, with goals you can set for time spent on physical activity and roughly how many calories you burn doing your activity.

My goal is to get some solid physical activity at least 3 times a week, though I'm really trying to get do it at least 4 times a week. Getting back into badminton helps, and soccer starts in a couple of weeks. Otherwise I've been riding my bike again (I'm thinking of trying to bike to work pretty soon, though I'm not really in bike shape so it might take awhile), going for walks with Sarah, stuff like that.

I'm at 273 right now; 2 months before my wedding I weighed 314. So I'm pretty pumped about how I've been doing, and I need to maintain that momentum going into the summer. My end goal is to get myself down to 220 pounds, but right now I'm just taking it one day at a time, celebrating the small victories.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jay, I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how your health journey was going. Glad to hear you are back on your bike. Want to do a bit of a longer distance ride sometime? I'm planning a trip to South Dakota in May . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jay! They say that if you can stick to a workout routine for 3 weeks than it becomes a habit! I joined SparkPeople once, and it was really great! But I can't keep up stuff like that. I do it for a week and then forget about it! :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing Jay! Your progress is inspiring - keep up the great work. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, yay, yay,! You inspire me. Keep up the good work.
    ~b

    ReplyDelete
  5. small victories?? Jay, I'd say that that kind of weight loss is pretty significant! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete